Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer-related pleasures

Picnics on the banks of the Seine.

Waking up early on a Saturday morning to bake those evil blueberry and oat scones.

Having lunch at Glou with a loved one. My mum and I shared a plate of old fashioned tomatoes and creamy mozza, topped with just a tea spoon of hazelnut oil. Then we devoured a delicious assiette végétarienne, dipping thick slices of pain de campagne into hummus, tomatoe chutney, ratatouille, and many more. We skipped dessert but had two cups of coffe (my mom and I are faithful devotees to caffeine...) with a square of rich dark chocolate (from Alter Eco, a fair trade French brand).

Going to the Sunday farmer's market and buy juicy French garriguettes to color your breakfast yoghurt.

Why do I feel that I'm slowly becoming the hippie I once swore I'd never be ?...